Widmer Brothers Deadlift Imperial IPA hits the taps at 11:00 AM.
Deadlift boasts the strong hop flavor of an imperial IPA without the weigh down. Citrusy and berry-like Nelson Sauvin hops meld with just enough malty sweetness and caramel character to balance the intense hop flavor and aroma.
Eric Fernald will be performing live, acoustic music from 5:00 to 7:00 PM.
Friday 23rd- Royal Impy Release
2018 Royal Imperial Stout will hit the taps at 11:30 AM.
This is a beer release you don’t want to miss. Over 20 of your favorite Seacoast brewers came together to make a special Belgian Style Tripel IPA to help kick off Portsmouth Beer Week 2018 in style. Joint Effort is a special one time brew and release so get it while you can. Once it’s gone, it’s gone!!
In the spirit of collaboration and to help foster the growth of the brewing industry here in our beautiful state, proceeds from this beer will go to the New Hampshire Brewers Association, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the development and expansion of the brewing industry throughout the state of New Hampshire.
Doors open at noon for both can sales and pours, with an informal brewers discussion and Q&A about the making of the collaboration kicking off at 1pm. See you Friday!
Limited a la carte breakfast menu in side room
MENU- all served with homefries
- Tofu scramble, potato, pico de gallo, arugula and black bean wrap $9.95
- Salmon croquettes and poached eggs $11.95
- Southern style biscuits and gravy$10.95
- Bacon, egg, potato, jack cheese and pico de gallo burrito $10.95
Saturday 24th- Royal Impy Bottle Release
9:00am Royal Impy Bottles will go on sale in the retail store (500ml) for $12.00
1 case limit per person
Maybe it’s just the beer geeks in us, but we love seeing how one beer can taste so different depending on how it is served (cask, nitro, draft) or what hops are used.
Join us all day on Saturday, February 24th, when we will offer a limited edition sample tray of our Playlist Pale Ale, consisting of Playlist 00:02 on draft, on cask, and on nitro, plus Playlist 00:01 on draft – so you can see how different a beer can taste when the hops are changed up.
Each limited edition sample tray will come with one voting card – vote for your favorite, and we’ll give you $1 off a pint of that beer!
Tackle that post Seacoast Brew Fest hangover with with a little stout and donuts!!
We will be pouring a special stout flight, with our Dolce and 3 specials Dolce casks, and pairing it up with special cruelers from our friends over at Lil’s Cafe!!
Think bacon, bacon and more bacon…a little coffee and then some blueberry to sweeten things up!! Come join us for this deliciously fun time!!
In house event-Industry Afternoon Kick-off. Tapping two new lines, bringing our total to 8 beers on tap. Industry Afternoons is weekly Tuesday-Friday special.
$6 for a beer and a hot dog.
$10 for a beer and house sausage.
Jessica Rose Colon is bringing her Henna talents to Book & Bar on a night featuring $1 off premier West Coast brews, featuring 21st Amendment Brewing (San Francisco, CA.), Uinta Brewing (Salt Lake City, UT.) and North Coast Brewery (Fort Bragg, CA.).
– Portsmouth Book and Bar
– From 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
- 21st Amendment Baby Horse Quad (first tapping in NH)
- Uinta Hop Nosh IPA
- North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stoutl
Join us and the North Country crew for FIVE different barrel-aged hard ciders!
Beer Dice & Tapping barrel aged Hai Ikki Rice Saison.
Starting at 5:30 PM.
For 2-4 friends. Each player gets 3 dice: 1 beer, 1 snack, and 1 coaster dice.
HOW TO PLAY: Flip over a card, and race to match your 3 dice with the 3 items on the card. Everyone simultaneously rolls their dice, quickly sets aside anything that matches the card, and re-roll the rest. Be the first to match your three dice with the card, and grab the card before anyone else does! First player to get 5 cards wins!
THE LUCKY RULE: If you are lucky enough to get an exact match on your first roll, quickly grab the card, brag a bit about your dice skills, and then you get to steal card from another a player!
Join New Belgium Brewery at the Raleigh Wine Bar and Market for a Sour Sampling.
The sampling will include:
- New Belgium Clutch: This pleasing, two-part, potion was brewed with chocolate and black malts for a rich and roasty overtone, then fused with a dry, substratum of sour for a bold and audacious flavor. Black as night, this beer is blended at 80% stout, 20% dark sour wood beer for a collaboration that begins with a sour edge and finishes with a big, dark malt character, lingering, sweet on your palate.
- New Belgium La Folie, Sour Brown Ale: La Folie, French for “the folly,” is a beer steeped in New Belgium brewing tradition. This wood-aged, sour brown spends one to three years in big, oak barrels, known as foeders. And when the beer finally hits the glass, La Folie is sharp and sour, full of green apple, cherry, and plum-skin notes. Pouring a deep mahogany, the mouthfeel will get you puckering while the smooth finish will get you smiling. Not a beer for the timid, La Folie is a sour delight that will turn your tongue on its head. Find out why it’s considered one of the best sour beers around.
- New Belgium French Oak Saison: The result is a rustic, goldenrod yellow saison offering pleasant lemon and white grape aromas and a bright, mouthwatering sourness with a clean, dry finish.
Who’s Afraid of the Dark? Big, Bold Stouts and Porters at Federal Cigar Bar Portsmouth!
(36 Market ST Portsmouth NH)
Thursday March 1st, 7:00PM to Close!
Stop in to try some killer stouts and porters including,
- Ballast Point Victory At Sea Imperial Porter
- Ballast Point High West Barrel Aged Victory At Sea
- Two Roads Igor’s Dream Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Great Rhythm Dolce Imperial Stout
Every year, Portsmouth Beer Week ends up being not just about craft beer, but about community and friendship as well. To that end, we thought, why not invite one of our favorite neighbors over for an event?
Come join Throwback on Friday, March 2nd for a spirit-ed celebration. We will be highlighting three of of Sea Hagg spirits (Sea Hagg Blueberry Rum, Ice Pik Vodka, and Rocky Peak Cinnamon Whiskey) in various food and drink specials all day!
Small Batch Imperial Chocolate Stout will be tapped at 11:00 AM. Pitch black, full-bodied deliciousness with hints of molasses, caramel, brown sugar and chocolate, (of course).
Chase Wolf will be performing live music from 5:00-7:00 PM.
We’ll have a very special set of funky/sour beers on tap including Sour Puss Flanders red and brand new Ghost Schip, a koelschipped rye tripel and that’s for starters!
Special Portsmouth Beer Week one off casks from our Seacoast Brewery Friends including Smuttynose Port Soaked Smuttonator, Throwback Cheek Squeezer Ricky, 7th Settlement and a special dry hopped cask from Stoneface.
Class of 95′ Tap Takeover @ the Portsmouth Book & Bar
Both craft breweries opened in 1995. Both are pouring long time favorites and new specialty beer to celebrate Portsmouth beer week.
- Allagash Hoppy Table Beer
- Allagash Map 40
- Allagash Pastiche
- Allagash Ghoulschip
- Dogfish Head India Brown
- Dogfish Head 120 minute
- Dogfish Head Romantic Chemistry
- Dogfish Head Wood-Aged Bitches Brew
Music by the Soggy Po Boys at 9:00 PM.
Come visit us here at Hobbs Farm for a day of smoked beers, BBQ food specials, and a fire in our beer garden!
Special beers that day will include a one-off cask of Chipotle Dippity Do, a special cask of Smoked Peach Pilsener, and the return of one of our favorite beers – our Campfire Smoked Robust Porter.