Wednesday, February 28th: Chocolate, Cheese, & Beer Pairing @ Throwback Brewery
Every year during Portsmouth Beer week, we like to play with and push the culinary possibilities of pairing hand-crafted chocolate and thoughtfully selected cheeses from local New England and NY artisans with our farm-fresh beers.
This year marks the 7th offering of this event, and we continue to be inspired by all the magical ways we can pair this delicious trio! If you are like us, and love cheese, chocolate, and beer, be sure to grab your ticket today! (As a ‘heads up’, this event has sold out for the past 6 years in a row.)
The event this year will be held on Wednesday, February 28th at 6pm here at Throwback Brewery.
Here is the menu – we think it is four courses of deliciousness!
- Flying Goat pub cheese ball encrusted with Enna Chocolate’s cocoa nibs. House mustard. Spent grain cracker.
Paired with: I Wanna Know What Lager Is – Dry Hopped Helles 5.9% ABV
- 6-year Sugarbush Extra Sharp Cheddar (Woodstock, VT)
- Enna Chocolate – Peru Marañón
- House-made whipped hop honey
- Spring Brook Farm (Arlington, VT) Ashbrook cheese soufflé with Enna Chocolate’s cocoa power & our vegetable ash.
Paired with: Imperial Pumpkin Porter 7.5% ABV and Donkey-Hoté – Double IPA 8.2% ABV
More Cheese, Please (& A Donut)
- Nettle Meadow Farm (Thurman, NY) Triple Crème Kunik
- House-made chocolate cruller with maple cream
- Fried cheese curds with muhammara.
Paired with: 5 Minute Fugitive – Russian Imperial Stout 9.2% ABV and Cashmere Track Suit – New England Style IPA 8.4% ABV
- Enna Chocolate Vietnam bar
- Great Hill Blue Cheese (Marion, MA)
- House-made Vermont Creamery (Websterville, VT) goat cheese truffle
- Salted wort caramel
Paired with: Stout Stout – Big Stout – 8.5% ABV and Soggy Donkey Aged in a Gin Barrel – Brett White IPA 7.1%++ ABV
As always, ticket price is INCLUSIVE of tax and gratuity. So grab your seat today and maybe one for your honey (as it makes a great Valentine’s gift) or for a friend. And, yes, chocolate, cheese, and beer make for a most lovely dinner.