Feeling a little sour? Join us for a tropical taste explosion to kick off Portsmouth Beer Week! We’ll feature four special sour beers at our Sunday Brunch on February 23rd, with sour menu specials and some suggested pairings, too. Order our Pucker Up sampler tray, and try all four:
– Pineapple Party Pants (Pina Colada-inspired sour)
– Blueberry Pie Sour on Cask
– Our brand new Lime Gose (made with salt, coriander, and fresh lime)
– Gin Barrel-Aged Angry Bunny Lactose Sour
Whether you love sour beer, or really *want* to love sour beer, we have a special tour for you! Throwback Co-Founder Annette, lover of all things sour, is going to host a Let’s Get Sour Tour, where she will deep dive on the topic of sour beer. Annette will cover:
– How sours are made (kettle, barrel, foeder, coolship)
– Sour styles
– Yeasties – Brett, Pedio, Lacto, Acetobacter
– The magic of pH
– What’s with the lactose?
The tour starts at 1pm on February 23rd and includes a sampling of all four featured Sour Sunday beers! You’ll also get plenty of time for Q&A with Annette. Grab your tickets at the link above. They are $15 per person, and only 20 are available. Tour should last about 45 minutes. Cheers!